What i learnt from our boys trip to USA in the pandemic times?
Kashi, situated on the banks of holy ganga, is one of the oldest continually inhabited places in the whole world. Kashi was a major trade center and religious capital of India and that attracted attention — earliest destruction of the city dates back to 1194AD. It has been destroyed time and again, only to be reborn.
My learning — every creation starts from destruction.
If you want to recreate yourself — destroy something within.
On every birthday, I go through a ritual to understand who I am and 2020 was the year of acknowledging that my methods needed change, I needed to change — apt time for destruction. Robert Ruark said If you want to change something in your life, find something of value to change it with first- I am on the lookout. The trip happened as part of my quest.
I travelled with Ajey, Ken and Sharad for a USA roadtrip in November 2021.
- For me travel has been sacred in past and that limits what I can do or experience.
- I know journeyman from blood and sweat [what better place to make friends]
- A chance to travel in pandemic
- I am attracted to USA — people, their rights and road trips [ a dear friend was scared that i decided to travel to USA despite their guns, fifth and filth(reference to homelessness and legal marijuana]
- It takes time to recover and give your needs a priority
- If you are not leading — be a better follower
- If you are not going to shake it — do not move it
- Be paranoid about it - I am oblivious to risks but not everyone should be
- Think before you act , you dont have to respond instantly.
- Its pays to know
Suggestions - You are enough.
- If your name is Ken you better be a Zen
- If you cant laugh , you can not sleep
- Passion , fitness it should be part of you like breathing - in every moment
- Give space
- Jokes are you to laugh
- Be kind, let your smile be infectious
- Connect to your own soul, you don’t have to touch anyone else’s
Suggestions — Share your experiences, it can change someone’s life.
- Know the minefield and be ready to improvise
- Know what you claim to know
- Fight every battle
- Gather maximum for winter
- Dress to kill
- Make the world better
Suggestions — You don’t have to win every war, its okay to let it slide at times.
What did i learn about myself?
- Time to relentless pursuit has gone - need to rest and journey
- I am a giver however much i try to change — my value system will remain same
- Meditation keeps me calm — its a must
- Can easily gain weight- i gained 4 kgs in 10 days
- I can spend long period looking at yellow leaves — zion
- more to come in future
Note - hard part is internalising all of the above , it will take years.